Wednesday, September 7, 2016

What a surprise

We received a wonderful package in the mail today. There was a pretty white box and inside it were lots of new clothes. And what pretty clothes there were too. 

But more than new clothes...there was a new little brother!


I always thought little brothers got delivered by the stork but this one was delivered by the US mail. And he didn't arrive as a brand new baby like I thought they do...he came as a half grown kid.

He seemed to remember me rather well, telling me that he has always been my little brother, that Ms. R. sent him just the same as she sent me, but I can't remember him. I still have no memory before waking up in that mail box with a storm raging around me.

I explained all that to my new little brother and he seemed to understand. He even patted me on the head and said it's okay if I'm a little fuzzy headed, he loves me anyway.

Was that nice?
My little brother says his name is Joey, but I can't remember that either. Only thing is...this new little brother has Justin written on his back, and I heard the big people saying that since there is already a Joey in the family, that my little brother would make the Joey's confusing if we have two of them. I also heard the big people talking of how Joey has Justin written on him, I guess they saw it when Joey/Justin changed his shirt just like I did. My big person said Joey might be a bit confused about his name and that his name is most likely Justin Case. I guess she meant that they wrote his name on his back Justin Case he forgot who he was like I did. Maybe it runs in families.

I did hear one of the other big people saying that we could just call my brother Joe. I think I will leave the name sorting to the big people and I will just call him Little Brother.

Unless he keeps patting me on the head. Then I will call him...

Pest.

6 comments:

  1. Oh what fun...Justin Case, hahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little brothers are good about forgetting their names, having it stamped on his back is almost as good as having it stamped on his forehead...just in case he forgets again. Or in case I forget again.
      Tillie

      Delete
  2. How fun brother and sister together like they should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has certainly been exciting here at the pioneer Hitty house, having Justin around to keep us girls on our toes. Life is certainly different with a little brother but it's a lot more fun too.
      Tillie

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. We just hope Little brother thinks so.
      Tillie

      Delete