Saturday, November 19, 2016

Birthday Swap Surprises

After going on an out of state trip, I arrived home to find a huge...for a Hitty...box waiting for me. It was addressed to my big person but I knew it was mine. It was from my swap partner for the birthday swap on handmade dolls and friends yahoo group. My big person and I signed up for the swap a couple of weeks ago.
With a little help from my big person I got the tape off and tore into the contents of the box...or tried too. It didn't take me long to discover that getting the contents out of the box was a bigger job than I imagined. My big person was a bit busy so I called for help.


Robin happily came to help me. Underneath the bubble wrap we found letters. I wanted to read them when we found them but I was too excited to see what else was in the box so I set them aside for later.


Robin and I climbed into the box and found a whole bunch of little packages tied with pretty ribbons.
Getting the packages out of the box was a big task but by turning the box on its side and working together, we were able to get the packages out so we could see them better.

With each package we took out, we thought we were getting closer to the bottom of the packages but we kept finding more.

The biggest package fell onto my head as we worked to get this package out. I had thought the big package was the last one but Robin excitedly pointed out another package hiding beneath the big one. I know that we signed up for the birthday swap but I'm not so sure this wasn't a birthday and Christmas swap all in one. What wonderful surpises to open.
One of the little packages had a paper doll set attached to the front of it. I had to take a break from unloading the box to look at the adorable little paper doll.


We had to call for help getting the big package out. Hook came to help us with the task of removing the big package.




After we got the big package out, we told Hook that we could get the last package out. He stayed close to make sure we could get it before heading back to his pirate ship.


I asked Robin if she wanted to help me open the packages but she declined. She said she would be getting a package of her own soon and she would let me open mine. She stayed close by to see what was inside the packages. In the first package I opened was a whole stack of beautiful handkerchiefs. They were for my big person but I think I might see if she will let me keep them. They are so very pretty.



Next was a nice warm quilt. I forget the name of the quilt pattern but it sure is pretty. It was warm too. That was very nice since the weather has decided to turn off cold.


I got a pretty pink and white checked apron. Robin suggested that I might want to wear it when I cook Thanksgiving dinner.

Um....Am I cooking Thanksgiving dinner?

I had to tell Robin that its too pretty to cook in.


And the next package...

Oh, the next package. it held...hid...a beautiful cloth doll. I've wanted one for as long as I can remember. Now, I'll admit that my memory doesn't go back very far, but for as long as I can remember, which is forever for me, I've wanted a cloth doll.

This beautiful doll is snuggly and wearing my favorite color.





I love, love, love, my new doll.



I found it hard to put my new doll down so I kept her close while I opened the other packages. One of them contained some cloth baskets. A little note in with them said they were made to look like a big basket that belonged to the big person at Marie Claire's (the Hitty I swapped with) house.


There were also two wicker baskets. I have so many ideas of what I might use them for.


I saved the big package for last.


It had a note from Marie Claire in it. She voiced her doubt that I preferred pink to chickens.



And inside...inside was a lovely cloak, dress and two bonnets. I wasn't sure what to try on first.



I picked the hat and cloak to try on first since they were easy to try on with a pirate war going on close by.


Then I put on the pretty pink dress. Yes, Marie Clair, I really do love pink. And I sure do thank you for making me a pink dress instead of a chicken dress. Your big person was right, I do prefer pink to chickens. And it is a beautiful pink dress. And so comfy too. I just love it.

Oh, and I have a fondness for little roses too.

I couldn't resist trying the apron on with it. I think they go good together. I like checks and flowers together.


When the pirate war ended, Hook offered to tell us a story. I grabbed my warm quilt and my new doll and settled in to hear the story.


Thank you, Marie Claire for all my wonderful goodies. I love them all. You did a wonderful job on all of them.

5 comments:

  1. What a bonanza! How amusing to open all the packages and find all the lovely items - I love it all - the sweet doll the pink dress, the quilt, and everything! Marie Claire and her human are indeed generous souls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very generous. They sent so many wonderful things that I spent the better part of today, the day after getting my swap box, enjoying my new goodies.

      Delete
  2. your photos and commentary are great! Very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice collection of surprises you received. I know your girls are happy and will enjoy the gifts.

    ReplyDelete