Friday, September 9, 2016

A swapped surprise


The mail lady delivered a surprise to the pioneer Hitty house today. All us Hitty's rushed to see what might have arrived in an almost Hitty sized box.


Justin couldn't wait to see what was inside the box. I told him to wait and Tillie told him to wait but he just wouldn't wait. He was so excited he tripped on his own toes rushing to the box. Tillie and I decided we were safer if we just stayed out of his way.


Justin pried all the tape off the box then wiggled himself inside the box. I must admit that I had no desire to climb inside another box. The last time I did that I got shipped off. It was a long dizzying ride to my new home here at the Pioneer Hitty house.

Once he got himself inside the box, Justin couldn't get himself back out, not with the contents of the box in his hands. Tillie and I stepped in and helped pull him out. Whatever is inside that wrapped package is heavy.

With Justin safely on the outside of the box, Tillie and I stepped back and left Justin to the unwrapping.


There were two packages inside the box. Justin chose to open the long cardboard box first. Inside it he found a dog that was eager to be released from his confines. 

I'm not sure who was happier to see the other, Justin or the dog.


Tillie and I began to wonder how long Justin was going to sit loving on the new dog. We were both curious as to what was in the green wrapped bundle that came out of the box but it took Justin a while to remember that it was even there. By the time he did remember he was covered in dog kisses.

And here is what Justin unwrapped from within the box that came in the mail today...the surprise. I didn't help with preparing the crocheted clothing that Tillie and the big people made and sent as part of a private swap but I heard all about it from Tillie.

Then today 'the surprise' arrived in the mail. A new boy in the pioneer Hitty house. Justin has been so busy monopolizing all his time that Tillie and I haven't even been able to find out what his name is yet. And we've yet to even pet the dog.

We were able to find out from the big people that this newly arrived boy was carved by Wanda Harrigan and is the first doll in her new Buster series.




I think we will have to get to know this new boy at a later date because Justin is keeping him all to himself for now.


















2 comments:

  1. The season of hi-jinks has begun! Congratulations, he seems like a promising lad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tillie and I are beginning to wonder about life with boys in the house. They do make things interesting...or troublesome.
      Robin

      Delete