Monday, September 5, 2016

Swapping unmentionables



The big people signed up for a swap on the Hitty girls yahoo list before Robin or I came to live here. It's an undergarment swap. That means we're swapping...unmentionables. Since I wasn't here when the swap started it wasn't really supposed to be for me but...it's unmentionables. The big people say I sort of took over the swap items. 
Aren't they pretty? We're mailing them to a lady in Florida and she's going to mail us the ones she made.


The swap said to make one pair of pantaletts, 




One camisole in t-shirt style,



And one petticoat, 



But we made two,

and a little sachet pillow filled with lavender flowers to make the unmentionables smell pretty.

Here they are all wrapped up and ready to mail out. We wrapped them in brown paper, just as if they came from a real pioneer general store.


My new unmentionables arrived! Aren't they lovely? Look at the delicate lace on the bottom of the petticoat and pantaletts. I just couldn't resist wearing them.


Here's a close up picture of all that pretty lace on the bottom of my new unmentionables. It's so feminine and lovely. Here's a secret...one can never have too many unmentionables.


They're so comfortable and so...pretty. I am so glad the big people signed up to swap.



And here they are, all together. Thank you, Ms. R, for a wonderful swap. And thank you, Hitty girls for arranging such a fun and...unmentionable...swap.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't going to mention it, but - awesome items going both ways!

    ReplyDelete