Thursday, September 8, 2016

Swapping dresses for a private swap

Here at the Pioneer Hitty house, we have agreed to a private swap in which we are to swap crocheted clothing for...a secret.
Justin says this lovely little collar looks...girly. I had to remind him that I am a girl and that girly is a good thing. I wonder if my big people would let me keep this?




Well...Justin thought it would look better as a hat for him. I tried not to laugh. Really, I did. Honest. But...he just looked so funny with a crocheted collar on his head that I couldn't help laughing. Thankfully my little brother lives to try and make me laugh so he didn't get offended. Personally I think he looks a bit like some of those mushrooms I found in our woods.

Justin doesn't know about that though because he wasn't here when we went mushroom hunting. Maybe I will take him out and show him our woods soon, but first...I must help the big people finish these lovely crocheted creations for our swap.
Justin was kind enough to help me button the back of this collar. It was a little too difficult for me. I don't care for this collar with my star dress but I do think it's beautiful with all its colors.


Justin has decided to skip the crocheted collars, he says they don't make good hats, and is helping me to try them on. Thank you, Justin.


I now know why Justin was being so helpful. In typical little brother fashion, he had an ulterior motive. Justin spotted something he wanted to try on in the pile of crocheted clothing and was trying to rush me along. He is already trying to take this collar off of me so that we can move on to something a little less 'girly'. Aparently Justin has decided I don't need to model all the collars. I think he has grown bored with all the girly stuff. Little brother's are good for that.

He says that hats are much more fun to wear than girly collars are. I don't happen to agree. It is almost a hundred degrees after all, who needs a hat? Now a crocheted collar...those are something special, like unmentionables, and should be worn as often as possible.

Hey...big people...why don't I have a crocheted collar of my own?



Justin's favorite word of the moment seems to be na-na-na-ne, he told me to try the yellow hat on than he refused to give it to me. Did I really say I wanted a little brother? Really? 


Well...maybe I did. He is fun. In a goofy, little brother sort of way. He plopped the yellow hat on his head and started doing circus tricks for me. I have to admit that he does have a way of livening up even something as mundane as trying on a hat.


Go away, big sister. Ugh. Did he really tell me that and flap his hands at me like I was a chicken? I know he did. I saw it with my own eyes.

He has decided that he will keep the yellow hat, something the big people are telling him he will not be doing, and that I should go try on all the other girly stuff and leave him and his hat alone.


This dress is beautiful, at least I think so, Justin just snickered at me when I showed it to him. He was amused because it was a bit big on me and had to be tightened in the back. I do hope that it will fit whatever Hitty gets it. It is much to pretty of a dress not to be appreciated by someone.


The next dress had...unmentionables. What wonderful unmentionables they were too. I tried to hide them in my trunk but my big people were having none of that either. She said Justin couldn't keep the hat and I couldn't keep the unmentionables. She even threatened to not let us try all the new clothes on if we kept trying to make off with them.


This lovely apron goes to the same dress that has the unmentionables. What a wonderful outfit. And so warm too. I really, really wanted to keep this for myself.


What a bright, cheery dress to go with the apron and unmentionables. I could well imagine wearing this dress on days that don't seem so bright and cheery. It's something to liven up any day.


I reluctantly removed the colorful dress to try on this lovely creation. It is pretty too but I must admit I had no excitement for this one...I already own a dress very much like this, it's just been too hot to wear it. Mine has sleeves in it. But mine doesn't have any of this fancy lacy stuff on the bottom.


What a wonderful wardrobe of clothes being sent to a wonderful lady in exchange for a...surprise. This is all of what we sent her, minus a few collars that didn't make it into the picture. My big person and I hope the recipient will be as happy with what we made as my big person expects to be with what is coming our way in exchange. 

I do wish my big person would tell me what the secret is that is heading our way.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a crochet extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to make them and fun to see them all together once they were completed.
    Tillie

    ReplyDelete