Friday, September 2, 2016

And the rains came

Our woods are considered semi-tropic and after the rain today, I can understand why. It just poured and poured and poured.



If we opened the front door, we got wet. Even the porch was no match for this storm. The wind blew the rain right under the roof. At least here it was only a mist and not a downpour like it was out there. 

If you look behind me you can see the buckeye plant growing next to the big tree.


I sure wouldn't want to have to go out in this weather. It's coming down like sheets of water.


The yard is starting to flood. It's a river right under my feet. Well, it's a river under the boards my feet are on.


Even the construction workers have abandoned their equipment and sought a safe, dry place to wait out the storm. I wonder if their tractors will was away.


 There's nothing like a nice dry towel after being out in the weather.

2 comments: