Friday, November 25, 2016

Birthday swap for Robin

My big person recently signed up for a swap to celebrate the birthday of the yahoo group handmade dolls and friends. My...or rather, my big persons...swap partner was Ms. K. I was just happy to get to participate in the swap, as was my big person, I never expected a box of this size to arrive just for me.


Tillie and Hook came to help me get the box untaped and open. Inside was a wonderful selection of brightly colored material. What will I make with all this material?



Maybe a new dress? Or a pinafore? 

Underneath the material were so many wonderful goodies that I will never be able to catalog everything. My swap partner did say that these items are things we are to share here at the Pioneer Hitty home. Hook was happy to hear that he was going to get to use some of the furniture. He seems to think pirating is hard work and that he should have comfortable furniture to relax on when the day ends.

Hook climbed into the box for a closer look at the whale themed blankets. He seems to think they will go well with his pirate ship bed. I had to remind him that he already has bedding for his bed. To which he replied that pirates often get wet and cold and they can never have too many blankets.


Hook took his time looking inside the box then helped me to get everything out of the box.


He found the makings of a teepee inside the box and set off to see if he could set it up. With a bit of work, during which he kept reminding anyone in ear shot that he was a pirate and that teepee building must not be intended for pirates, he got the teepee built and crawled inside for what he said was a much deserved rest.



With Hook otherwise occupied Tillie came to help me try on my new clothes...


And set up house with all the wonderful household furnishing that came in my box. We even found felt that was just perfect for rugs inside the box.



Once we had the house all set up, I whispered to Tillie that we should try some of the tasty candy. I had to whisper for fear the boys would come and gobble it all up, boys do love candy, you know. Tillie agreed that that was a very good idea, neither one of us could remember the last time we had candy.



Tillie chose a piece of taffy.


I preferred the sucker. Our candies were very good and we savored every bite.
Once we finished eating, it seemed like a good time to do a bit of house cleaning. Some of the furnishings picked up some dust in the mail. I also couldn't wait to try out this wonderful cleaning apron.







Tillie helped me tie it in place and we set to work.



I did a bit of dusting. The dust I stirred up caused Tillie and I both to sneeze but we persevered.




I found this wonderful cleaning cloth in my apron. It was just right for wiping off the table.

Tillie opted for cleaning the floors.



I pitched in on the sweeping once I had dusted all the furniture.




Once we got the house in shape, Tillie left...

And I got ready for bed.


It was so nice to have an actual bed to crawl into.


The covers were so warm and snuggly and the bed very comfortable.


Good night.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing selection of goodies - I especially like the nighty and cap, and of course the bed and sweet bedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful box of goodies. There was more in the box than we used to set up our home. All the North's (and their big people) are very grateful to Ms. k for this wonderful swap.

      Delete