Sunday, August 21, 2016

Tillie's new trunk

2016 marks the fifteenth anniversary of the Hitty girls yahoo group. I haven't been in the group long enough to really be a part of the anniversary, at least I can't remember being a part of it that long, but the ladies on the group have kindly allowed me to join in on the anniversary celebration fun anyway. 


One of the challenges for the anniversary is to find or make a trunk to hold any goodies I might acquire during the anniversary celebration. While I was in Texas I found this trunk, the big people I live with call it a small trunk but it sure seems big to me. As soon as I saw this trunk I just had to have it. I was so excited when I saw it that I climbed the side of it and almost fell in head first.
I can just imagine this trunk holding household necessities, clothing, or sewing supplies for the pioneers. I can also imagine it being loaded onto a steam engine train, carrying someones belongings, as they travel to visit family in far off places.

No comments:

Post a Comment