Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A toad friend

While exploring our backyard on our first foray into the woods, I found this little toad hiding among the leaves. 


At first I was afraid to get too close to him for fear he might hop away. Tillie didn't share my worry of scaring our little friend away, she just scooped him right up and plopped him in my lap. I was very surprised to see that he stayed where she put him. It was as if he wanted to be held.


Tillie wanted a chance to hold him too so she scooped him up again. I was sure he would hop away this time but he didn't. He cuddled up in Tillie's lap too.


Isn't he cute?

5 comments:

  1. Definitely a cute froggie, and very "Hitty" too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he was snuggly too. He was the funnest thing we found.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was neat that he stayed in the Hittys' laps. That was cool. And he is a cute little thing.
    Celia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seemed almost eager for the attention the Bitty girls were happily giving him.

      Delete
    2. He seemed almost eager for the attention the Bitty girls were happily giving him.

      Delete