Monday, August 22, 2016

Introducing Hitty Robin

I'm Hitty Robin. I arrived at my new home in the woods on August 17, 2007. I was a gift to my big person from a dear lady on the Hitty girls yahoo group. I was carved by another dear lady on the same group. When the lady that carved me found out I was to move to a new home she expressed happiness that I would be moving to a new home. I must admit that I didn't quite share her enthusiasm. It was hard for me to get excited about moving to the woods. I'm a simple girl at heart but...aren't there wolves in the woods?

It took me a little while to become brave enough to venture outside. I don't think I've ever been in the woods before. Plus there was a little issue of my not having a dress, embarrassing, I know, but I somehow arrived at my new home with only my pantaletts and shoes. I do hope to remedy that situation soon. Thankfully, I was able to borrow a dress upon my arrival in my new home...I wonder what the chances are of me being able to keep this dress, I do like it.

Wearing my borrowed dress I ventured into the out of doors. The first thing I encountered was a whole pack of wolves, at least I thought they were wolves. There were so many of them that they didn't even stay in one place long enough for my big person, who found my concern that they were wolves amusing, to get a picture of me with all of them, as if I wanted to take a picture with the vicious things. Didn't my big person understand that theses were wolves?

Turns out they aren't wolves, they aren't even wild dogs, but they sure act like it, the way they yap and carry on. These huge slobbering, vicious, hairballs are only a batch of puppies...puppies? those monstrous things...and they belong to my big person
They might belong to my big person but they didn't seem overly fond of me. Or maybe they were a bit too fond of me, I couldn't quite tell which it was. Snowball, a white pup that took a liking to me decided I would make a fine pillow. I never thought a wooden doll would make a good pillow but this wolf...er, pup...seemed to think I was comfortable. 

I was convinced she was going to let me fall off the porch the way she had me hanging off the edge, but when I could finally see straight I was able to tell I wasn't hanging off the edge at all but only over a small step, one that wasn't even much of a step for my big person, not even a whole step, more like a slight rise in the porch, but it still looked like a cliff to me.

Once Snowball finally...finally, have you ever tried to be a pillow for a snoring dog...woke up and wondered off to other things, yet another of the wolves...er, pups...came to see if he thought I would make a good pillow. He must have decided that I wouldn't because he gave me a single sniff than went on his way.


Trying to keep the...puppies...from carrying me off to their favorite hiding hole and making a new chew toy of me was no easy task. These...puppies...are vicious. And they slobber. I'm sure they must slobber, whole rivers of the gooey stuff, not that I saw a single drop but I know it must be there. Have you ever had your head coated in dog slime? Me neither but after my close encounter with what I've come to think of as the pack of drool, I can well imagine how it might feel.

While I was looking for the river of slobber, Baby Kitty came along to save me from the wolves...er, pups. 

He ran the wolves...er, pups...off and stood guard over me. He was so soft and snuggly that I considered taking a nap but gave up that idea when one of the wolves...er, pups...continued to hover nearby.

I ventured only far enough from the porch to pose for a quick picture to commemorate my arrival in my new home than hurried as fast as my big person would carry me back into the safety of my new home. And it is safe because as far as I can tell there are no animals living within those solid walls that keep all the wolves outside.









No comments:

Post a Comment