Friday, August 26, 2016

Exploring our backyard

We've had a lot of rain lately. It comes just about every afternoon and rains hard for an hour or three and sometimes mists for a while, keeping everything wet and me indoors.

After our trip to the Bayou, I have decided the woods may not be so scary after all. I survived the swamp, the mama alligator, and have, so far, survived Tillie's 'baby gator', though I do so wish she would take that thing back where she got it.

Today, with the rains stopped for now, Tillie and I decided to go for a walk and explore our new woods. We invited the big people to come with us since we don't know our way around in the woods yet, we wouldn't want to get lost, and in case we needed someone to take our picture.


This beautiful patch of moss grows right in our very own yard, not far from the big people's house. It's so soft and comfy. It would be the perfect place to have a picnic.

I found a beautiful hollow tree and couldn't resist seeing what might be inside.


I found...dark... inside that tree. 


It was very neat to see. I might just have to come back and visit this tree again sometime.


Or maybe I will come back and visit this tree again, it's hollow too. It was a nice place to rest for a while.

Tillie found this little tree and thought to rest in it. She did have a hard time sitting on that thin little stick branch.
I much prefer a more supportive tree to rest in.


While walking on a pile of logs I slipped and fell between them. I tried and tried to climb out, worrying that I would dirty my borrowed dress, but couldn't get out on my own. I finally resorted to yelling for Tillie, the best way a little wooden doll can yell, until she came.


With Tillie's help I finally managed to get out from between the logs.


I'm beginning to discover that Tillie has a bit more of an adventurous spirit than I do. She kept climbing on things she shouldn't and sitting in the most precarious places.

4 comments:

  1. really cute story. Everyone enjoyed the adventure. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We're glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The woods are an amazing adventure for little beings like Hitty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, there is so much to see and do there. Our big people say they see the woods with new eyes, looking at them from our level.
    Tillie

    ReplyDelete