Sunday, August 21, 2016

Tillie goes to the American Girl store

While on a trip to visit the big people's family we stopped at the American Girl store in Dallas. I had never heard of the American Girl store before but when I found out it was a doll store I was more than willing to stop there. It sounded like a fun place to stretch my legs after riding in the car for a while. I think the big people should consider getting a covered wagon and giving up their car. Maybe someday I will suggest they do just that.
There was a whole section of the store for Bitty Baby. She is a doll made for small children and boy, were there small children there. They were running everywhere, like ants. One of them even tried to run me over with a stroller.
I am told that this dolls name is Samantha. She looks like she shares my favorite color, pink. I wanted to talk to her but there were so many people around.
These dolls were just my size. One of them was named Kaya, she is the one in the buckskin. Then there is Josephina but I don't know the names of the others. I think the one on the end may be Samantha but I'm not sure. I did get to talk with them briefly but there were so many dolls to see and so many people in the store that it was confusing.
And here are yet more dolls that were just my size. I really wished that these dolls had not been locked inside a glass case. It would have been so nice to have a cup of coffee with them. I'd have liked to take tea with them but I really don't much care for tea, I much prefer a nice cup of coffee. The glass case keeping them prisoner prevented us from doing anything but talking as best we could through the glass.
I got some strange looks while in the American Girl store. There were girls and even grown up women carrying dolls everywhere I looked so I would have thought that they would welcome my presence but if the looks I got were any indication they didn't seem to want me there. That didn't stop me from enjoying myself though. It's not my fault if they couldn't appreciate a small wooden doll. I made myself at home and tried out the different furnishings, even had a bit of popcorn while I was there.
The air conditioning in the store was a bit chilly. I heard the big people talking about how good air conditioning is in August when you're in Texas heat but I didn't quite agree with them. I found this nice teepee and made myself comfortable.
I got as close to the fire as I dared, wood burns, you know, and I'm made of wood, and tried to warm up from the chill in the store. It took a while but my toes finally got warm.
And once warm, I spotted a soda shop and couldn't resist a milkshake. At least I was warm.
Chocolate or strawberry? Strawberry or chocolate? I almost asked for one of each but my tummy was too full to hold them both. I didn't even manage to finish all of the one I did order. I finally decided on the chocolate, who doesn't love a good chocolate milk shake, and enjoyed it. Mmmm. It really was the best milkshake I've ever had.
But that's not saying much because I seem to have a memory that can't remember anything that happened more than a week ago.

On the way out of the store I discovered a juke box that looked interesting but I didn't recognize any of the songs and had no idea how to make it work so I visited one last doll, Addy, on my way out. She has a beautiful dress but...does anyone see those lovely unmentionables beside her? All white and pink and oh, so feminine. Maybe I will have unmentionables like that someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment