Monday, October 10, 2016

Tillie's new house


Living in a big people's house has many advantages, but it also has many disadvantages. Nothing in the big people's house is Hitty sized, and trust me, I've tried everything. 

The furniture tries to eat me, 

the cups are big enough to swim in, 

and the housekeeping tools...well, I can't even lift them.

Something had to be done. I'm a pretty agreeable Hitty, easy to get along with, and happy in most any situation, but a Hitty needs a space of her own. In her own size. So I went in search of one.
It took the better part of a day before I finally found something that would work. I'm not sure the big people agreed, I heard them mumbling something about their distressed table, and where were they going to put their coffee. But...a Hitty has to do something when she's six inches tall and lives in a big people's house.

So...using a sewing machine for a step stool, I climbed onto the table for a closer look.


This would make a lovely hardwood floor. The distress the big people spoke of just adds character to this lovely floor...yes, big people, it's a floor, not a table.

But it does need a good Hitty cleaning.


Without a Hitty sized broom in the house I had to improvise. Pine needles and a stick...


Make the perfect broom. With only a bit of work my new floor is good and clean.



But my wall was a bit plain. Ignoring the shocked statements made by the big people, I decorated my wall with this lovely doily. I believe I heard the big people say something about how it was supposed to be on the table and not on the arm of the couch. But...



It looks much better hanging on my wall.



I found this tattered rag rug...the big people claim it is to set hot pots on but I'm sure it's a rag rug...and added it to my house. It does give the place a bit of charm...don't you think?




Ahh, home sweet home.


No comments:

Post a Comment